1950 - The presbytery (parochial house) was rebuilt by Msgr. Edward Fernandes (then rector), and was completed in a very
short time span.
Aptly named Marianella, this squat structure was made from cement stones, it houses the clergy of the Basilica
The windows from the western side of the first floor offer a good view of the basilica grounds, while those of the
east provide an interesting view of the Bandra/Mahim creek.
The presbytery is attached to the north east end of the basilica
Despite a later date of construction the presbytery has been well intergrated with the basilica
An aerial view of the presbytery, the Mahim creek can been seen in the distance
Best viewed on laptops and desktops.
Mobile devices (Tablets & Mobile Phones) may change original page layout
NO PART OF THIS WEB PAGE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PURPOSE WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE RECTOR
Basilica of Our Lady of the Mount
Bandra(West). Mumbai 400 050, India
Tel: +91 22 26423152
All rights reserved.