1950 - The presbytery (parochial house) was rebuilt by Msgr. Edward Fernandes (then rector), and was completed in a very short time span. Aptly named Marianella, this squat structure was made from cement stones, it houses the clergy of the Basilica The windows from the western side of the first floor offer a good view of the basilica grounds, while those of the east provide an interesting view of the Bandra/Mahim creek.

The presbytery is attached to the north east end of the basilica

Despite a later date of construction the presbytery has been well integrated with the basilica

An aerial view of the presbytery, the Mahim creek can been seen in the distance